About the Role
- Job Summary
Stewardship of all major assets, including but not limited to food, labor, and equipment. The Lead Line Cook is primarily responsible for seeing that the Owners' directives are accomplished to the highest professional and culinary standards.
- What you would do
· Prepare all products for service according to prescribed specifications.
· Maintain inventory levels at prescribed specifications and ensure all stations remain stocked before and during serving periods.
· Maintain organization of the walk-in cooler and proper rotation of stock/ product.
· Manage organization and cleanliness of the kitchen.
· Receive, rotate, and store stock in proper kitchen and storage areas.
· Verifies that all kitchen staff properly follow the recipes and portions serving correctly.
· Always maintain a good attitude.
· Communicate product needs and other issues to the Owners.
· Assign daily deep cleaning tasks to the Back of House team.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
· Take part in weekly meetings as needed.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to the health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- What you offer us
· ServSafe Food Handler certificate or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
· Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
· Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Physical requirements
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods, up to ten (10) hours.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Desired qualifications
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in food service.
· Prior exposure to various prepping and cooking techniques/ methods.
· Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the county health department.
· Previous kitchen leadership experience.
- Summary of a typical day
· Assist the Owners in other administrative duties.
· Set standards for daily production. Including banquet/catering.
· Oversee all food production before and during service.
LEAD LINE COOK
Join our team! We need to fill a key back of house position at our busy location in Elgin, Oklahoma. Come work at a place where you can have fun, work hard and your team has your back! We are particularly interested in candidates with food service experience.
At Rising Eagle Brewery, we're proud of our team and our culture - and we're looking forward to adding the right person! This is a full time, salaried position with benefits effective on Day 1.
What we offer you:
· An innovative, growing company in our industry.
· A strong culture: one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
· A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to ten (10) hours at a time.
· 3-5 years of high-volume kitchen experience, with kitchen leadership necessary
· Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
· Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
· Candiate must possess strong administrative skill sets
· Expierence in Assisting with scheduling, ordering, interviewing, email communication and necessary Back of House and Retail Operations meetings
Rising Eagle Brewery conducts job-related background checks prior to hire to ensure a safe and secure work environment in which current team members, guests, and company assets are protected, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of information gathered during the evaluation.
Background checks are conducted on the finalist only following the issuance of a contingent offer of employment. At this point in the hiring process, you would be asked to authorize Rising Eagle Brewery to conduct the background check. You would be provided with online authorization and disclosure forms that require identifying information, including other names used, Social Security Number and birthdate, current address, and contact information.
Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact the Talent Acquisition & Development at angela@RisingEagleBrewery.com
About the Company
- Our Mission
At Rising Eagle Brewery, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives in the community where they live, grow, and play.
- Our Vision
Rising Eagle Brewery's vision is to create savored moments for the world.
- Our Values
We Believe * We Engage * We Own * We Lead * We Act with Integrity * We Care
- How your job supports the mission
· Lead in the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
· In the Owners absence, continue to run the kitchen to all of the Owner’s trained standards and procedures.
· Creating the best experience for the customer with the quality and consistency of the food you produce.